Guatemala: Villa Sumaya in the highlands of Guatemala is a full service retreat center and hotel perched at fifteen hundred metres above sea level on the picturesque shores of Lake Atitlan in an area that is sacred to the local indigenous people. With a stunning view that takes in no less than three volcanoes, Villa Sumaya is the perfect place for the adventurer to explore pristine nature and the romantic to retreat, reflect and replenish.With beautifully appointed accommodation for up to thirty-three people at a stretch in fifteen guest rooms – from treetop bungalows for the single traveller seeking privacy to big family rooms in middle of the action – Villa Sumaya is great for small or large groups. What started out as a guest house is now a well equipped retreat facility complete with a swimming pool, café, hot tub, juice bar, a boutique, massage rooms all surrounded by lush tropical gardens.
Volcano View Rooms
Wellness & Yoga
- 15 guest rooms
- Choose from a variety of inviting accommodations from cozy and economical to more extravagant luxury suites.
- All of rooms have warm, inviting décor, private bathrooms, outdoor patios, amazing lake views, orthopedic beds and quality linens
- Rates: from $145 per night
- Rates are inclusive of all Guatemala taxes, access to the 24-hour coffee/tea bar, and use of all Villa Sumaya amenities
- Self-sustainable and powers itself with solar panels a
- Provides water to its guests with filtered lake water
- Kitchen uses all locally-sourced ingredients; many right from the island's gardens and trees
Mayan Fire Ceremony