Tiny Atlas x Regenerative Resorts
Playa Viva, Mexico
April 25-29, 2019
Playa Viva, México
We invite you to join Tiny Atlas as we embark this spring on a rejuvenating trip to Playa Viva (and our first trip to Mexico!), a retreat destination dedicated to living systems, vibrant communities and to creating a legacy that makes all guests feel proud about their footprint on the environment. Our 5 days will be spent soaking up the beauty of both the incredible location as well as the surrounding areas. Your time will be spent in the ocean, on the beach, reading or relaxing, witnessing sea turtle releases, learning how to make chocolate and tamales, touring the on-site organic farm, horseback riding at sunset and all things water- surfing, swimming, paddleboarding, boating. Toward the end of the trip, you will have an opportunity to experience a local indigenous purification tradition, the “Temazcal” sweat lodge ceremony.
With plenty of free time to explore the area or simply be still, you will have the space and freedom to relax and reset or to maximize your time at this location for beautiful photography. From the moment you set foot on the property, Playa Viva will encourage you to get out of your routine with everything taken care of for you – three delicious farm to table fresh Mexican meals daily; eco-luxury accommodations; and activities perfectly timed for photography. Any level of photographer is welcome as are non-photographers who just want to experience this special off-the-grid beach haven.
Sunrise 7:24 am / Sunset 8:05 pm
• Airport pickup
• Welcome snack and drinks
• Farm walking tour or town visit before breakfast
• Beach time/light lunch/beach time
• Horseback riding sunset
• Snorkeling & SCUBA boat tour
• Or Barra de Potosí Lagoon Kayak / Paddle Board Tour (Morning boat ride)
• Or Surfing in Saldita
• Lunch at Playa Viva
• Beach/journaling time/early dinner
• Sunset shoot
• Late dessert and drinks
• Sunrise Coffee/Tea and light snacks
• AM optional sunrise yoga
• Breakfast at Playa Viva
• Beach time
• Cooking class:making tamales chocolate
• Time for relaxation/massages
• Temezcal Ceremony at Playa Larga
• Morning meditation
• 5 days and 4 nights beachfront accommodations
• Full itinerary and all listed activities
• Round trip airport transfers
• All Meals (deliciously healthy, home-cooked, and farm to table)
• Coffee/Tea and fresh agua fresca + light snacks offered throughout each day
• 10% Tip to Staff
• All Taxes on above
Based on weather and light the timing and timing and activities may shift
Not Included (optional add-ons):
• Travel Insurance
• Alcoholic beverages from the bar
• Massages and other spa treatments
• Boutique Purchase
• Additional Excursions not included in this package
From LAX usually arrive around 3:30PM, Playa Viva is 40 minutes from airport by car.
Additional solo day pricing:
• In shared room: $230 per night (includes all taxes and 10% tip)
• In private room $330 per night (includes all taxes and 10% tip)
• Rates above include all meals, all non-alcoholic beverage, morning yoga class, wi-fi in common areas.
About Tiny Atlas
Tiny Atlas Quarterly is a lifestyle travel magazine founded in 2012 by photographer Emily Nathan. Today we produce editorial content, trips, photo shows, and are launching our first book My Tiny Atlas: Our World Through Your Eyes on March 26th where books are sold. We have an Instagram community of 145k, and a hashtag #mytinyatlas with over 7 million posts to date.
Magda Wosinska is an advertising and celebrity photographer as well as an adventurer, based in Los Angeles and Joshua Tree, CA.
Emily Nathan is the founder of Tiny Atlas Quarterly, a professional lifestyle and advertising photographer based in Oakland, CA where she lives with her husband and son.