isleta el espino
Lake Nicaragua, Nicaragua
Isleta el Espino is an island on the Lago de Nicaragua, the largest inland- and freshwater lake in Central America. Because this very untouched resort is the only premises on the island, shortly after arriving you can’t help slipping into a total holiday mode. Even the word resort is slightly exaggerated: There are only three rooms or more precisely cabanas, but in return the staff look after the guests in a very personal way, fulfilling every wish. Those on the island who want to, can even learn how to make chocolate from the world famous Nicaraguan cocoa beans.
The story behind the place: In 2007 the siblings Andrew and Kristin Werner fell in love with the island during a holiday there, bought it, and then converted it into a hideaway using local, organic resources. It wasn’t until the year 2015 that Isleta el Espino celebrated its grand opening.
Wellness & Yoga
Private Island Hideaway
- 5 guest rooms
- Each features a private deck with lake view, mosquito net over the bed, screened windows, ceiling fan, closet safe, and private bathroom with hot water shower
- Rates: from $213 per night
- Boat transportation for check-in/out
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Complimentary use of the kayaks
- Self-sustainable and powers itself with solar panels
- Provides water to its guests with filtered lake water
- Kitchen uses all locally-sourced ingredients; many right from the island's gardens and trees